Welcome to BIGG Success from George & Mary-Lynn

What the Car You Drive Says About You

porsche_cake.jpg It’s not what you make that really counts; it’s how much you keep. We base that on studies that show how millionaires became millionaires. Sure, they’re always trying to earn more, but they really watch what they spend. That’s one of their secrets to success in many cases.

___

___

Only you know your terms

We were recently at a birthday party for our friend, Tim. His wife had a really cool cake for him. It’s the picture you see with this post.

We were talking with Tim about his Porsche. He’s one of our regulars here at Bigg Success and he commented about how we’re always talking about frugality. A Porsche may not be consistent with that mindset.

But bigg success is life on your own terms. If your terms include having a Porsche parked in the garage, then more power to you!

___

georgeThat’s one of the things we love about our definition of bigg success – it’s not judgmental. I can’t tell you what’s best for you. Just like you don’t know what’s right for me. Heck, sometimes I don’t even know what’s right for me!

___

___

marylynnThat’s the beauty of life on your own terms. When you’re living it, you don’t judge other people because you think, “Oh, that’s life on their own terms.”

___

We try to report what works – what research shows helps you get to that next level of success in your life. But we can’t tell anyone what the right choice is for them. You decide because you’re the one who lives with it.

We hope we provide some additional insight to help you with your decisions, but ultimately you’re the entrepreneur of your life. You’re in charge.

___

Would you like more tips and tools to live your life on your own terms?
Subscribe to the Bigg Success Weekly – it’s FREE!

___

Your car is an expression

Money is one of the two resources we have; the other one is time. One way you express yourself is by how you spend your money and how that affects your play.

So what does all this have to do with a car?

You may choose to have a really cool sports car like our friend Tim. You feel good when you get it out on the road. It’s a reward for all the hard work you do. It may have even been an incentive you gave yourself for achieving something important for your bigg success.

Instead, you may choose a cheaper form of transportation. You would rather express yourself in some other way. For example, you may have a passion and you spend your play time and your money on that hobby.

Or you may choose to drive a hybrid. You’re genuinely concerned about the environment. It’s one of your causes. You feel like you’re contributing to a better world with that choice.

It’s life on your own terms. You choose it. You enjoy it.

The only caution is to make sure your choices really do help you live life on your won terms. Only you will know.

To help you with your choice, think about what’s going on with the five elements of bigg success – money, time, growth, work and play. How does this decision affect them?

Life on your own terms is holistic. It’s a 360 degree view. Seeing the bigg picture leads to bigg success!

What does your car say about you?

Share that with us by leaving a comment below, calling us at 888.455.BIGG or sending us an e-mail at bigginfo@biggsuccess.com.

Thank you so much for sharing some of your time with us today.

Please join us next time when we’ll discuss how your play time can make you more productive.

Until then, here’s to your bigg success.

Subscribe to The Bigg Success Show in iTunes.

Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file:

Related posts

The Deal of Your Lifetime

Savers Spenders and Investors

Free Special Report offer

24 Responses to What the Car You Drive Says About You

1. Amy says:

…but I’m a pedestrian ;)

Actually one of the plans I have is to buy a vehicle for my business. Our car, while still driveable, is older, has a zillion miles on it, and is too small to haul lots of equipment from one show to another. It will have to be a Magnum station wagon or a car that can haul a small trailer as my husband really really doesn’t want to drive a mini van ;)

2. Amy, your car will say that you are practical, efficient, and willing to compromise! Thanks for sharing with us.

3. Ryan says:

I bought a brand new honda civic in 2006. It said that as a college student I still made enough money to afford a nice new car, however I was smart with my money, buying a fuel efficient car with high resale value. I am very happy with my purchase, and although my income has increased, I plan on putting as many miles on this car as possible, saying just because I make more money doesnt mean I need a new car!

4. Mary-Lynn says:

Ryan you are a lot like George. The only reason we have a new car today, is because George drove his Park Avenue to death…literally! It had to be towed off the mechanics lot. Thanks for sharing.

5. Tim says:

George and Mary-Lynn, thank you for coming to my party. The Porsche cake tasted very good after I found the internal strength to cut into it. For me, owning a Porsche has always been a dream and a passion, more or less a hobby. As you enjoy traveling, I enjoy cars. I feel privileged that I had the discipline and ability to sacrifice for many years, and save, for such an opportunity that this economy has provided. For me, my practicality was purchasing a gingerly used, low mileage vehicle that had lost nearly $40,000 due to depreciation. It is all about balance and although a person may want something now, sometimes it is better to wait until the time is right and your foundation is strong enough to support any hobby you might have without a depletion of your resources. I really enjoy your show. Thanks.

6. Tim -

Thanks for commenting on “your” show!

You make a great point – while there are downsides to this current economy, it is offering us opportunities as well.

A Porsche is part of life on your own terms and you made it happen! Congratulations!

7. SPORTS PICKS says:

Great article, even though I don’t think the type of car you buy actually says anything.

Thanks,
    James
    The Sports Picks Guy

8. James, we appreciate your comment.

9. Like many say that it may not match a winning mindset to drive a flashy car, I also believe that it is not something that can get in the way.

10. I see two categories of people: there are those who have a lot of money and they feel it should be visible by driving expensive flashy cars; and there is the second category which are choosing their rides based on what they like as long as those cars are affordable too.

11. I thought about What the Car You Drive Says About You | Bigg Success and found this post. Thanks for sharing!

12. Kindle Book says:

Interesting! This is my favorite post about What the Car You Drive Says About You | Bigg Success.

13. Matt Kent says:

I get around on my bike, use the sub way and buses. I rely frequently on taxis, and occasionally I rent a car for road trips. I guess I don’t have much to say for myself in this case ;)

14. I sincerely appreciate the effort you are putting into the blog! I am a daily reader and your content is very entertaining.

15. I sincerely appreciate the effort you are putting into the blog! I am a daily reader and your content is very entertaining.

16. gaucho pants says:

I am very amazed at the quality of your work. I will be sure to visit your website again as it is a great resource.

17. lawyer says:

Actions speak louder than words, and what you drive says more about you than apparel ever could. What’s more, certain types of rides frequently appeal to certain demographics.

Share your BIGG thoughts

DECIDE! 5 Keys to Know What to Do Next

We respect your email privacy

Email Marketing by AWeber