Howard is a two-time Superbowl winner, Studio analyst for Big Ten Network, co-host for ESPN Radio Chicago, entrepreneur, speaker & author of the book Laying it on the Line. Howard is regarded as one of the NFL’s best blocking backs, “The Human Plow.”
His book Laying it on the Line charts his football and life journey from Chicago’s south side to the Super Bowl.
Last time, Howard told us about how he came to be a fullback in the NFL, even though early on in his career, he wanted to be a tailback.
Hear Howard talk with George & Mary-Lynn on The BIGG Success Show podcast. Click the player to listen.
iPhone/iPad Podcast Player
During our interview in this podcast segment you’ll hear:
- How hard work and Laying it on the Line kept his NLF career going.
- How you can apply “The Drill” philosophy in your career and business to ensure you are prepared for the opportunities that come along.
- Why self-discipline is key to achieving your goals.
- Since Howard had the thrill of playing in the biggest arena in life (for football) the Super Bowl, twice…we find out how preparing for that is different from preparing from any other game. Learn what kind of mentality you’ll need to prepare for your bigg game.
- What Howard means when he says in his book that being part of a team takes a lot of individual work.
Visit HowardTGriffith.com to get your copy of the great book,
Laying it on the Line.
Next time, Howard talks about getting past obstacles that get in the way of your bigg goals. He even shares a personal story about when he almost gave up on his NFL dream…and who convinced him to push on. Also, find out why Howard says you can’t share your bigg dreams with everyone.
Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file | podcast: