Step 3-Find Abundance in a World of Scarcity
We’re right in the middle of a five-part series. First we talked about feeling fortunate. Last time, we discussed the importance of building a reserve in your schedule and in your finances.
Defining what bigg success means to you – what it means to live your life on your own terms – is a critical component of building a reserve. It’s also a part of the third step which we’ll discuss today. Step 3 is …
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
There are two kinds of clutter – physical (the one we most often think about) and mental. As long as you have clutter, you won't feel abundance in your life.
There are three levels of physical clutter, according to Julie Morgenstern, author of Organizing from the Inside Out:
- Level 1 clutter means simple mistakes that are relatively easy to fix. Have a place for everything that’s easily accessible. If you don’t have a place, get it out of your space!
- Level 2 clutter is about outside forces. You may simply have too much responsibility. You may be going through a transition. Maybe you don’t have the space you need. It could even be the person with whom you live!
- Level 3 physical clutter stems from deeper issues. Some people fulfill their need for abundance by having an abundance of “stuff”. Others like the thrill of the hunt. It may symbolize a lack of goals. Maybe there’s some sentimental attachment to the “stuff”. It can even indicate a perfectionist, believe it or not.
It's also important to clear out the clutter in our minds. We get bogged down in the past.
- Holding grudges holds us back. Forgiveness frees up our minds and spirits to press forward.
Not only do we need to forgive others, we need to forgive ourselves. In fact, if you can’t truly forgive yourself, how can you possibly forgive others?
Cut yourself some slack, for crying out loud! You deserve a break today!
- We also need to learn the right lessons from the past. As kids, we put our hands on a hot stove and got burned. So we didn’t put our hand on a hot stove again.
As adults, we’ve put our hand on a symbolic hot stove and gotten burned. How did we respond? We don’t turn on the stove anymore!
Life is full of risk. Try as you might, you can’t avoid it. More importantly, you shouldn’t avoid it!
Bigg success comes to those who take calculated risks. Sometimes it works out; sometimes it doesn’t. Either way, learn from it and then turn that stove on again and cook up some bigg success for yourself!
- Finally, it's important to understand our strengths and weaknesses. But we clutter our mind with our weaknesses.
Then we reinforce those thoughts by telling ourselves all of the reasons why we can't do something. Stop telling yourself what you can’t do. Focus on what you can, and will, do!
We need to believe that we can do it so we will find a way to get it done. Then we will find abundance. That’s bigg success!
|Get the tips and tools you need to be a BIGG success.
Subscribe to the Bigg Success Weekly – it’s FREE!
Thanks so much for the gift of your time today. Please join us next time when we’ll take the fourth step to abundant living. Until then, here’s to your bigg success!
Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file: