This arrangement doesn’t work for everyone, but it does work for us. And that’s what matters!
One of our weaknesses is that, because we are so passionate about what we do, we often put the business first.
You may not relate to that. But how about this one: Some couples struggle for “together time” because they put their kids first.
If we don’t take time to nurture our relationships, the strong foundation will crack and everything will crumble.
Listen to this post, click a player to hear George & Mary-Lynn on The BIGG Success Show! (Runtime 6:35)
iPhone/iPad/Mobile Podcast Player
Dr. Jackie Black, author of Meeting Your Match and Couples & Money has teamed up with Jim Bouchard, author of Think Like a Black Belt and Black Belt Power for Everyday People for their soon to be released book: Love Like a Black Belt: Cracking the Code to be a Happy Couple.
The book is all about giving you the mindset, philosophy and techniques you need to cultivate a healthy and happy relationship. We were given the opportunity to read a review copy of the book, and visit with Jim & Jackie to offer up some advice just in time for Valentines Day.
Listen to the show to discover:
- the difference between needs & neediness
- where intimacy resides
- what needs are appropriate to ask your partner to meet
- why the line between needs and wants in not a fine one
- a Valentine’s Day example of the difference between needs and wants
- the least self thing you can do in your relationship
- how knowing your needs and wants is an important component to this unselfish act
- how this allows you to be more open in your relationship
- why this makes you a better resource for those around you
We highly recommend this book. Keep an eye out for its release.
Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file | podcast: