Today on The BIGG Success Show, we are happy to talk with Wayne Breitbarth. Wayne has thirty years’ experience in operations, finance, management, and business ownership. He is also a speaker, consultant, a LinkedIn expert , and author of the book we’ll be discussing: The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search.
Click a player to hear Wayne talk with George & Mary-Lynn on The BIGG Success Show podcast. (Duration 8:55)
iPhone/iPad/Mobile Podcast Player
[haiku url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/biggsuccess/00803-042412.mp3″ title=”The BIGG Success Show #803″]
In this segment:
- Find out why the recession turned Wayne from a skeptic on LinkedIn to a BIGG fan!
- Why a light bulb went off while he was using the people search feature on LinkedIn
- Why LinkedIn isn’t in the same realm as Facebook and Twitter for personal branding on social media branding.
Biggest Mistake #1: Failure to dedicate sufficient time to their LinkedIn efforts.
- Find out why Wayne says you should spend at least 2 hours a week there and where to find the time).
- The most important actions your should take when spending time on LinkedIn.
- What Wayne says is the “gasoline in the tank” for your LinkedIn use.
Biggest Mistake #2: Underestimating the importance of crafting a dynamic, keyword-filled personal profile.
- Why you shouldn’t treat your LinkedIn profile like a resume (and why it’s boring to keep it that way).
- The 2 things to think about as crafting your profile: keywords and story.
- The trick to determining the keywords you’ll want to use (think the “this” or the “that”).
- Why thinking Yellow Page categories is a helpful way to craft your business keywords.
Learn more about Wayne, his book, his LinkedIn training, and even download a free chapter of The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success on his website.
Next time, Wayne talks about the best way to communicate so you don’t turn people away.
Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file | podcast: