We’re continuing our conversation on The BIGG Success Show with Wayne Breitbarth, LinkedIn expert and author of the book: The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search.
We’re discussing the five biggest mistakes people make when using LinkedIn. In Part 1 of our interview we talked about:
– Biggest Mistake #1: Failure to dedicate sufficient time to their LinkedIn efforts.
– Biggest Mistake #2: Underestimating the importance of crafting a dynamic, keyword-filled personal profile.
In this segment, learn about these mistakes:
Click a player to hear Wayne talk with George & Mary-Lynn on The BIGG Success Show podcast. (Duration 9:50)
iPhone/iPad/Mobile Podcast Player
[haiku url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/biggsuccess/00804-042612.mp3″ title=”The BIGG Success Show #804″]
Biggest Mistake #3: Failure to recognize the importance of having lots of trusted professionals in your LinkedIn network / Not getting recommendations.
- What Wayne says is the most powerful aspect of LinkedIn
- How LinkedIn is like the “6 degrees to Kevin Bacon”
- Why 35-40 connections is NOT enough to fully use LinkedIn and the number you should shoot for
- Why Groups on LinkedIn are the second most important part of using LinkedIn
- There are over 1.2 million Groups on LinkedIn, learn how to get more connections using them.
- How recommendations can help you come up more often when people use the keyword search tool to attract more leads.
Biggest Mistake #4: Using LinkedIn to advertise your products and services.
- Why the traditional forms of advertising doesn’t work in social media
- Your Powerful Formula for promoting yourself on LinkedIn is to: Help people, share valuable information, and build relationships.
- How sharing your work in terms of questions and discussions will take away the “in your face” advertising.
- Why you should spend time listening on social media spaces to learn the communication skills.
- How to listen on LinkedIn by simply visiting your home page.
- Why Groups provide a listening tool for you too.
- How to find conversations in your space using keywords and a tool hardly anyone uses: “LinkedIn Signal” or “Search Status Updates.”
- Wayne shares an example of how he was able to connect with a potential client who wasn’t even in his network by using the listening tools in LinkedIn.
Visit Wayne’s website for a free chapter of his book The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success and to learn more about his LinkedIn training offerings.
Next time, learn about a silly little thing that many companies overlook on LinkedIn and why it hurts your brand.
Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file | podcast: