We’re wrapping our conversation on The BIGG Success Show with LinkedIn expert Wayne Breitbarth, author of the book: The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
We’ve been talking about the five biggest mistakes people make when using LinkedIn.
In Part 1, Wayne told us about:
– Biggest Mistake #1: Failure to dedicate sufficient time to their LinkedIn efforts.
– Biggest Mistake #2: Underestimating the importance of crafting a dynamic, keyword-filled personal profile.
In Part 2 we discussed:
– Biggest Mistake #3: Failure to recognize the importance of having lots of trusted professionals in your LinkedIn network
and not getting recommendations.
– Biggest Mistake #4: Using LinkedIn to advertise your products and services.
In this segment, we learn about the final mistake that businesses/brands are making:
Click a player to hear Wayne talk with George & Mary-Lynn on The BIGG Success Show podcast. (Duration 7:45)
iPhone/iPad/Mobile Podcast Player
[haiku url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/biggsuccess/00805-042812.mp3″ title=”The BIGG Success Show #805″]
Biggest Mistake #5: Lack of a consistent company wide message and policy.
- How LinkedIn is powerful for companies and why consistency is key
- Why your employee’s profile is either helping or hurting your brand
- Ideas on how companies can create that consistency about their brand with their employees
- How to create a strategy when using Groups to help promote your company
- Why it is essential to have a company page on LinkedIn and what it search engine keywords your company profile should contain.
- What you should be doing to maintain your LinkedIn personal page and your company page.
- Should recommendations go on your personal profile or company profile?
Visit Wayne’s website to get free weekly LinkedIn tips along with a free chapter of his book .
Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file | podcast: