We celebrate our 15th year in business with a podcast that shares the secrets to our business – or really any business success. Click the player to listen to The BIGG Success Show. The summary is below.
In today’s ever-changing business landscape, it’s hard to find a company that has been around for more than a decade. But BIGG Success is one of the exceptions.
Despite the challenges it has faced, our company is still going strong after 15 years. So how have we done it?
Let’s go to The Professor’s whiteboard for the 4 secrets to business success…
Today’s episode is made possible by Linq. Ready to impress and make new connections… all with a simple tap? Because one tap is all it takes to share your business or yourself with the world. Upgrade your business card.
1. Build a strong foundation
It takes more than just a great idea to start a successful business. You need a solid foundation to make sure your business lasts for the long haul. Here are the main components to build a strong foundation for business success:
- Have a clear vision and mission for your business. What are you trying to achieve? Why does your business exist? Answering these questions will help you stay focused on your goals.
- Know your target market. Who are your ideal customers? What do they need or want from your product or service? Understanding your target market will help you create marketing and sales strategies that actually work.
- Create an actionable business plan. This document should outline your business goals, strategies, and how you plan on achieving them.
2. Build a solid team
A business is only as good as its team. In order to build a solid team that will help your business achieve success, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First, you need to make sure that you hire the right people. This means people who are not only skilled and knowledgeable in their field, but who also fit well with the company culture.
- Once you have the right people on board, you need to make sure that they are properly trained and have the resources they need to do their jobs well.
- Finally, you need to create a culture of open communication and collaboration so that everyone is working together towards the same goals.
By following these steps, you can build a solid team that will help your business achieve success.
3. Overcome obstacles
While some obstacles may be more difficult to overcome than others, it is important to have a proactive and positive attitude when faced with challenges. Here are some tips on how to overcome obstacles for business success:
- Define the problem: The first step to overcoming any obstacle is to clearly define the problem. This will help you develop a plan of action and identify what resources are needed to address the issue.
- Be flexible – One of the biggest obstacles small businesses face is inflexibility. They might have a great product or service, but if they’re not willing to adapt to customer needs, they’ll quickly fall behind. The key is to be flexible and willing to change your offering to meet customer demands.
- Stay focused – It’s easy for small businesses to get pulled in different directions – especially when challenges arise. This can quickly lead to overwhelm and ultimately lead to failure. The key is to stay focused on your core offering and build from there.
- Ask for help – this can be from a mentor, friend, family member, or a professional consultant. By asking for help, you are admitting that you don’t know everything and that you are willing to learn. This shows humility and will ultimately help you grow your business.
4. Embrace the power of adaptability
In today’s ever-changing business landscape, it is more important than ever to be adaptable. The most successful businesses are those that are constantly evolving and changing their strategies as needed. If you want your business to succeed, you need to be willing to do whatever it takes to stay ahead of the competition. So don’t be afraid of change, embrace it and use it to your advantage.
As we look back on 15 years in business, we can say with confidence that the key to a lasting business is a combination of many factors. A strong foundation, a passionate and innovative team, and a clear mission are just a few of the necessary pieces. With the right planning and execution, any business can be a BIGG success.
George “The Professor” & Mary-Lynn
Co-Founders, BIGG Success
Direct link to The BIGG Success Show audio file | podcast: