We’ve heard about a dangerous disease that’s sweeping our society. As we understand it, this disease has been around for a long time. However, it’s now reaching pandemic – perhaps even epidemic – proportions.
It doesn’t get much coverage in the news. In fact, if anything, the news media inadvertently helps spread this perilous disease.
We bet that you’ve never even heard of it. It’s called Fitting In Syndrome (FIS).
FIS affects countless people. Symptoms of this disease include:
1. constantly trying to be like everyone else
2. doing what others say “should” be done
3. pleasing others with no consideration for your own needs and wants 4. feeling scared to share your opinion for fear that you won’t be liked anymore
5. continuing to work at a job that you hate
6. always doing what is “expected” of you
Fortunately, there is a prescription for FIS. You can start a Stand Out Routine:
1. Do what’s hard
The masses do what’s easy. You reach BIGG success by doing what’s hard. You will face challenges. You have to do whatever it takes to get past it. You have to keep going.
2. Think independently
The masses rely too heavily on outside influences. You reach BIGG success by thinking for yourself. Don’t be afraid to go against the prevailing wisdom. Look at situations through your own lens to find your BIGG opportunities.
3. Don’t follow the fads
That’s what the masses do. You reach BIGG success by riding the trends. Start by separating fads from trends. This isn’t easy but you can do it when you really understand your field.
|Get the tips and tools you need to be a BIGG success.
Subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter – it’s FREE!
We should warn you – there are some side affects if you make the Stand Out Routine part of your life:
1. You may lose some friends. That’s okay. Then you’ll know they weren’t really there for you anyway.
2. Some people may laugh at you, make fun of you or put you down in other ways. Just look at how successful they are and you’ll find the needed courage to keep going.
3. You will feel discouraged at times. You’ll have to find the inner strength to keep going.
The ultimate result of adopting the Stand Out Routine is that you’ll reach BIGG success!
What do you do to stand out?
Direct link to The Bigg Success Show audio file:
(Image in today's post by adamci)